Out of the gate, the 1941 prototype of the P-51 was impressive. However, trials revealed that the super-sleek machine needed crucial changes to become a true thoroughbred. The magic formula was realized with the P-51D that delivered the performance, weapons and range well-trained pilots could wield to outmatch any challenger of the day. Even after WWII, thousands of Mustangs remained in service with proud nations around the globe—some till as late as 1980. The E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m replica captures a peak example of the legendary U.S. Army Air Corps fighter that delivers the kind of scale-flight experience that makes enjoying history’s most celebrated fighter more enjoyable than ever.
The E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m scale airplane delivers outstanding warbird appeal whether flying or just standing still. The realistic four-blade propeller, outline and cockpit detail highlight the devoted attention given to pull off a popular subject like the Mustang this well. Its functional flaps feature the precision of independent servo operation while electric retractable main landing gear provides reliability and scale-like movement. Construction with EPO foam keeps the overall weight low while maintaining a level of durability that makes flying a scale sensation, like this Mustang, practical enough to enjoy every day. The installed power system offers outstanding performance when used with a 3S LiPo battery. Go beyond ballistic and fly with 4S power—no equipment change required. Whether you’re an intermediate or advanced pilot, the P-51D Mustang 1.2m has the detail, the heart-stopping performance and more importantly the flight quality you need to experience what piloting a legendary thoroughbred is all about. AS3X Receiver with Optional SAFE Select Technology
This Bind-N-Fly® Basic model is equipped with a 6-channel 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver with AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) that provides a robust connection to your Spektrum™ transmitter, plus works behind the scenes to deliver smoother flight by sensing and countering the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a larger and expertly tuned aircraft.
If you’re a relatively new pilot or want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional SAFE® Select flight protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select features enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These keep the aircraft from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles during takeoff and landing.
- Instantly returns the wings to level when the sticks are released. It’s also helpful if you ever need to hand launch the airplane.
Easy Switch Assignment-No Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
Needed to Complete
What's in the box?
- Full-Range 6+ Channel 2.4GHz DSM2®/DSMX® technology
- 2200–3000mAh 3–4S LiPo with EC3™ Connector
- Suitable LiPo battery charger
- (1) E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m BNF Basic
- (1) Spektrum™ AR636 with AS3X® and SAFE® Select Technologies
- (1) 40A Brushless ESC
- (1) 15-Size Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (6) 9-Gram Micro Servo
- (1) User Manual