The Giant-Scale Van’s Experience You’ve Been Waiting For!
Master model designer, Ali Machinchy, has captured the Van’s experience in a 30cc replica of the RV-4 that combines superb detail and easy assembly so that pilots of almost any skill level can have a giant-scale experience that’s unlike any other.
Among the hundreds of homebuilt aircraft designs that have taken flight over the years, few inspire pilot devotion like the Van’s RV line of airplanes. Just ask any of the faithful. It doesn’t matter which RV they fly. They will all testify to a balance of stability and nimble response that just makes you want to smile whenever you’re at the controls. Master model designer, Ali Machinchy, has perfectly captured that Van’s experience with this 30cc reproduction of the RV-4. It combines superb detail and thrilling flight performance to give pilots of almost any skill level a giant-scale experience unlike any other.
The Hangar 9® Van’s RV-4 30cc ARF has been designed to make every step of your giant-scale experience as hassle-free as possible. It all starts with the assembly. The two-piece plug-in wing and horizontal stabilizer slide together on aluminum tubes and bolt into place. The large fuselage access hatch makes electronics installation easy, too. There’s even a pre-assembled, self-aligning drill guide to speed the installation of whatever powerplant you decide to use, gas or electric. Once in the air, you’ll find the model’s wide flight envelope and forgiving flight characteristics just as easy to enjoy. It will do it all, from touch and gos to advanced aerobatics, with the same smooth, predictable response the full-scale version is famous for.
- Expertly constructed with laser-cut balsa and plywood
- Two-piece, plug-in wing and horizontal stabilizer make field assembly fast
- Functional flaps and scale hinges add realism and a wider flight envelope
- Wide-track wheel stance and leaf tail wheel for outstanding ground handling
- Painted fiberglass cowl and wheel pants
- Matching aluminum landing gear with painted fairings
- Large top-hatch provides easy access to electronics and flight batteries
- Detailed cockpit area features a scale pilot, instrument decal and crystal-clear canopy
- A self-aligning drill guide makes all recommended power options easy to install
- Operational LED landing lights pre-wired and installed
- Easy to maintain, genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering
- Military-style and civilian decals included for trim scheme customization
- Includes motor mount for the electric power option
- Complete hardware kit includes a matching spinner and painted fiberglass control horns
|Wingspan approx.: ||2160 mm |
|Fuselage length approx.: ||1830 mm |
|Wing area approx.: ||100.1 dm² |
|Weight: ||7700 - 8600g |
|Type of construction/material wing: ||balsa and plywood |
|Type of construction/material fuselage: ||balsa and plywood |
|Needed to complete: |
|Radio: ||6+ channel |
|Receiver: ||6+ channel |
|Motor: ||33cc 2- to 4-stroke gas/petrol | 160-size outrunner with a 120A ESC on 8–10S|