Spitfires are not just aircraft; they are symbols of the resilience of Britain in the face of devastation. Spitfires, guided by advanced radar and communications, intercepted Luftwaffe bombers and fighters before they could destroy their targets. At the beginning of the Battle of Britain, Germany had great advantages in numbers, experience and armament. The speed and firepower of the Spitfire helped tip the scales of the battle in the Brits' favor. Courage and tenacity did the rest. After the Luftwaffe was driven from Britain's skies, Spitfires were deployed to every front of the war. This impressive model perfectly represents the majesty of the original fighters with scale parts and a matte-finish trim scheme. Its handling on the ground and in the air is smooth and responsive. In fact, the only thing sweeter than flying this scale Spitfire would be flying the real thing.
- Built-up and sheeted airframe components come finished in flat MonoKote® film.
- Prehinged control surfaces and painted fiberglass parts reduce assembly time.
- Designed for Robart® retractable landing gear.
- Extras include an aluminum spinner, removable cannons and antenna.
- Matte-finish decals let you customize your craft to look like the real thing.
|Radio System:||7-8 Channel (Req.)|
|Petrol Engine:||50-55cc (Rec.)|
|Wing Area:||85.5 dm2 (1325 in2)|| |