The Hangar 9® ValiantTM 30cc ARF airplane is everything you liked about the classic high-wing model that nursed you through your first solo flights and everything you wish it had when you became more experienced. By retaining the cabin-model looks, the friendly high-mounted wing design creates a natural stability, as does the stretched fuselage and over-sized tail surfaces. However, instead of a box with wings, handsome looks and fine details combine make this a versatile airplane with the finished appearance of an executive aircraft.
Even more impressive is the sheer size of the Valiant and that it only needs a 30cc-class petrol engine to deliver outstanding performance. Lightweight design, combined with high-grade balsa and plywood construction, is used with laser accuracy to provide everything you could want in a giant scale model. Its cantilever wing features two-piece, plug-in convenience along with a generous amount of flap area and large ailerons for crisp performance at a wide range of airspeeds. The elevator and rudder have been sized to offer sport performance with an extra kick as well.
An Evolution® 33GX 33cc petrol engine will easily mount completely enclosed inside the streamlined cowling. All combined, you'll enjoy great performance and the power to add the optional floats. You can also exercise its STOL capability from just about any landing zone with the recommended Tundra-style landing gear setup (sold separately). If you're looking for a big sport airplane that looks great and can do it all, the Valiant 30cc airplane will answer the call.
The Valiant 30cc ARF is part of the complete line of top-quality Hangar 9® aircraft and accessories. All are engineered and crafted to exacting standards and feature the finest components and materials.
The cantilever wing is a two-piece, plug-in design featuring a large aluminium joiner tube for support without the need for complex external struts.
The locations for the hinges are pre-drilled or slotted, and pre-installed blind nuts are used wherever possible. The vertical and horizontal stabilisers are removable as a unit to ease transportation.
Fully Enclosed Engine
The Evolution® 33GX petrol engine mounts inside the sleek fibreglass cowling with almost no protrusions. The available Hangar 9 EP Mount Set (HAN506012, sold separately) makes electric conversion simple.
Landing Gear Options
The finished aluminium gear with fibreglass wheel spats completes the executive look. For increased rough-field durability, the optional Tundra setup (HAN454008) features shock absorption and big 6-inch wheels.
A Brilliant Finish
The all-wood airframe is finished in genuine Hangar 9 UltraCote® film covering that's long lasting and easy to maintain. The painted fibreglass cowl, wheel spats and aluminium landing gear feature matching paint that's fuel proof.
- Flaps expand the flight envelope and shortens take off and landing distances.
- Designed for Petrol Power aswell as 160 electric installation without modification, and easy access to batteries without wing removal.
- Genuine UltraCote Finish
- Fiberglass cowl and wheel spats all require no finishing for assembly.
- Optional Floats allow the customer to enjoy water flying without modifying the airframe or purchasing custom parts. Hangar 9 1/4th floats (HAN4580) will bolt directly to the fuselage.
- The adjustable engine box, makes it simple to install a range of engines without needing modification or custom mounts.
- Designed around the powerful and lightweight Evolution 33cc petrol engine.
- The aluminium landing gear is simple, rugged and reliable.
- The Cantilever, two-piece wing makes installation easy and does not have the complication of wing struts.
Electric Motor Size:Power 160
Indoor / Outdoor:Outdoor
Kit / Ready-Built:Almost Ready to Fly
Length:199cm (78.2in) Overall
Number of Channels:5+
Prop Range:17-18 x 8 (petrol)
Recommended Battery:2200-3000mAh 2s LiFe 6.6v (petrol)
(x2) 5S 5000mAh LiPo
Recommended ESC:80A HV
Weight:7.48-7.94kg (16.5-17.5lb) Flying Weight