The original Timber® captured the thrill of incredible Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) capabilities in a design featuring sporty flight performance and ultra-friendly handling. From low-time to very experienced pilots, nearly everyone enjoys flying the Timber–but some wish it had even more aerobatic capability. The E-flite® Timber X 1.2m combines the STOL capabilities of the original model with a new wing design featuring oversized ailerons and flaps, plus an enlarged rudder and elevator and a more powerful 3S and 4S compatible power system, to also deliver 3D performance you'd expect from an all-out aerobat!
- Incredible Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) plus 3D capabilities
- Enlarged and oversized control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines
- Six durable and factory-installed high-torque, metal-geared servos
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible brushless outrunner motor and 50-amp ESC
- Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized tundra-style wheels
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced, hollow-core EPO construction
- Optional-use leading edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
- Optional EDO-style floats (EFL5261, sold separately)
Needed to Complete
- Full-range, 6+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 2200–3200mAh 3–4S LiPo flight battery (EFLB22003S30 or EFLB22004S30 recommended)
- Compatible LiPo charger
What's in the Box?
- (1) E-flite Timber X 1.2m with
- (1) 50A Brushless ESC
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (6) High-Torque, Metal-Geared Servos
- (1) Spektrum AR636 6-Channel Receiver
- (1) Set of Optional-Use Leading Edge Slats
- (1) Product Manual
The E-flite Timber X 1.2m unleashes a new era of STOL plus 3D aerobatic capability. Based on the extremely popular Timber 1.5m model but featuring a new wing design, oversized control surfaces plus a 3S and 4S compatible power system, it offers an even wider flight envelope to deliver a truly “mild to wild” experience. Hollow-core EPO construction with composite reinforcement results in a lightweight yet strong airframe that's capable of handling extreme aerobatic maneuvers while keeping the wing loading low for impressive Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) and slow flight performance. It's also equipped with high-torque, metal-geared servos plus the shock-absorbing landing gear of the original model so you can fly as aggressively as you want from almost any surface. You can even install the included leading edge slats for improved slow flight performance, or the optional floats (EFL5261, sold separately) so you can fly from water. Add in the LED landing, navigation and strobe lights plus many of the other popular features of the original, and the Timber X is a model almost every pilot can appreciate and enjoy!
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes it feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Timber X 1.2m BNF Basic Specfications:
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Flaps: Yes
- Flying Weight: 57-60 oz (1613-1698g)
- Length: 41.5 in (1055 mm)
- Material: EPO
- Motor Size: 10 Brushless Outrunner, 900kV
- Propeller Size: 12 x 4
- Wing Area: 527.3 sq in (34.0 sq dm)
- Wing Tube Length: 605 mm
- Wing Tube OD: 10 mm
- Wingspan: 47.5 in (1200 mm)