Packed with firepower, fast and heavily armored, the mighty Republic P-47D Thunderbolt could complete virtually every task the U.S. Army required. WWII pilots called it the "Jug" for its massive size and bottle shape. The enemy knew it better as the "Juggernaut" because it dominated the skies as the toughest and hardest hitting foe ever encountered.
The Hangar 9® P-47D Thunderbolt 20cc ARF takes the popular warbird a bold step further. No stranger to making a great flying P-47D model, lightweight, laser-cut construction combines with expert craftsmanship to bring a durable, all-wood airframe with incredible realism and great performance. The result is a model replica that's a blast to fly and looks as though it belongs in a museum. Highlighting its outstanding appearance is a rich film covering with incredible detail and a satin finish. Stunning only comes close to the description of how the intricate panel lines and soft color transitions take this iconic warbird to deeper level. Plus, it's easy to maintain and durable. Multiple nose-art decal options included let you personalize the model to your own liking.
With a 20cc gas engine such as the easy-to-use Evolution® 20GX, you can expect to get long flights that cost only pennies per flight. The large top hatch allows convenient access and quick electric flight battery changes. The two-piece, plug-in wing design makes transport and storage easy. Keep it simple by using the rugged fixed landing gear included, or go all-out and install the optional E-flite® electric retracts. You won't be laboring over the basic build. All hinge slots and holes, including those for the flaps, are factory made so that your time at the bench can be enjoyable as possible. A majority of assembly is bolt-together and the complete hardware package includes everything needed for an engine or electric power installation.
Where this Thunderbolt really shines is in the air. Operational flaps make the flight envelope as wide as possible so you can add that touch of realism on takeoff and enjoy smooth landings. With the throttle full-forward, this P-47D proves its heritage with maneuverability that's rock-solid, heart-pounding high-speed flight and a feel at the controls that will have you wanting more. Whether the P-47D Thunderbolt 20cc is your first warbird or a new addition to a growing fleet, don't be surprised if a Hangar 9 warbird is all you'll ever want to fly. Needed to Complete
What's in the box?
- 20cc two- or four-stroke gas/petrol engine or equivalent electric motor system
- Full-range, 5+ channel transmitter and receiver (6+ for the retract option)
- 7 Standard-size servos (6 for the electric power option)
- 2 Batteries for receiver and engine ignition (for the gas power option)
- Tools and Adhesives
- (1) Hangar 9 P-47D Thunderbolt 20cc ARF
- (1) User Manual
Hangar 9 P-47D Thunderbolt 20cc Specfications:
- Approximate Assembly Time: 20+ Hours
- Completion Level: Almost Ready-to-Fly
- Engine Size: 20cc 2- to 4-stroke gas/petrol (Sold Separately)
- Flaps: Yes
- Flying Weight: 11-13 lbs (4990-5900g)
- Length: 56.0 in (1.41m)
- Material: Balsa
- Minimum Required Radio: 6+ channel, full-range transmitter and receiver (Sold Separately)
- Minimum Speed Control: 80A ESC
- Motor Size: 1800W Outrunner (Sold Separately)
- Retracts: Optional
- Servos: 7 Standard-size servos for gas, 6 for the electric power option (Sold Separately)
- Wing Area: 826 sq in (53.3 sq dm)
- Wingspan: 67.0 in (1.70m)