- Lightweight, high quality CNC-cut balsa and ply construction.
- Factory covered with genuine Oracover film.
- High quality pre-painted glass fibre cowl.
- Cockpit detail with pre-painted pilot figure.
- Full hardware pack included for either glow or electric power.
- Includes i.c. and electric power conversion pack.
- Plug-in wing panels greatly assist storage and transport.
- Functional flaps enhance the flight performance and assist short landing and take-off.
- Large removable battery hatch for easy radio and flight battery access.
- Painted aluminium landing gear.
Stylish, aerobatic, pretty, and with sleek racy lines, there's little not to like about the RV-8. Truth is the overall proportions, the parallel chord wing, the sturdy looking fixed undercarriage and the fighter-like bubble canopy combine to make this a gorgeous flyer and a modeller's dream. Seagull certainly knows a good aeroplane when it sees one and this one is guaranteed to win friends, particularly with such a useful wingspan; 70" is a perfect, practical size for everyday use yet still large enough to really make an impression and display presence in the air. Absolutely ideal for a 91 cu. in. four-stroke the RV-8 uses 8 standard servos and a minimum of 6 channels, although a computer radio with 7 or 8 channels allows the twin aileron, flap and elevator servos to be mixed and reduces the use of Y-leads.
Built using Seagull's time-honoured CNC-cut interlocking balsa and ply construction and pre-covered in diligently applied Oracover heat-shrink film this is a model that builds quickly, looks fantastic, and suits anyone with previous low-wing aileron experience.
Rec'd engine (i.c.):
20 - 22cc petrol / .91 cu. in. glow
Rec'd motor (electric):
1500 - 2000W
Wing area (sq. in):
Needed to complete
- 1 x 15 - 20cc petrol, .91cu. in. 4-stroke glow or 1500 - 2000W electric motor.
- 1 x 6-channel (minimum) computer radio with 8 servos.
- 1 x Propeller to suit chosen engine.
- 1 x Suitable flight battery and speed controller (electric version only).
- 5 x Servos