Just like Piper Cubs and P-51 Mustangs, Chipmunks always fly splendidly well and this Seagull version, you’ll be encouraged to hear, is no different. Like the famous Tiger Moth that it replaced in the immediate post war years, de Havilland Canada’s new primary trainer was sold in huge numbers to numerous military air services not least our own Royal Air Force and, of course, the Royal Canadian Air Force, who adopted the rather eye-catching yellow training scheme seen on Seagull’s impressive 80” span model. Its size, presence in the air and fixed undercarriage simplicity make this flap-equipped 5-channel model the perfect introduction to scale flying and, just like the full-size, an ideal stepping stone to a fully-fledged full-house warbird.
Open the box and you’ll smile, not just at the way the model is presented and packaged but at the quality that oozes from the beautifully applied covering, the gorgeous pre-painted cowl, semi-detailed cockpit and, most importantly, the general fit, finish and build quality. It’s a cracking model aeroplane and, best of all, it’s removable top hatch makes it perfect for an electric set-up whilst offering unhindered access to the fuel tank and radio bay. Moreover, the simple single screw wing panel retention method makes transport and field assembly an absolute breeze. What a beauty. What a temptation.
What's in the Box
- 1x Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
- 1x Factory assembled and covered 2-piece wing set.
- 1x Factory assembled and covered tail set.
- 1x Clear canopy moulding.
- 2x Pilot figures.
- 1x Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
- 1x Factory painted glass fibre u/c leg fairing set.
- 1x Comprehensive hardware pack (screws, horns, pushrods, fuel tank etc.).
- 1x Electric conversion hardware kit.
- 1x Steerable tail wheel unit.
- 1x Rugged oleo-style sprung undercarriage set.
- 2x Lightweight wheels.
- 1x Comprehensive instruction manual.
- 2x LED landing lights for the leg fairings.
Needed to Complete
- 1 x 20cc two-stroke engine or electric equivalent.
- 1 x 5-channel (minimum) transmitter and receiver combo.
- 7 x Standard-size, digital, high torque, metal gear servos.
- 1 x Propeller to suit chosen engine / motor.
|Wingspan (mm): ||2032 |
|Length (mm): ||1452 |
|Total surface area (sq. in): ||938 |
|Weight (lb): ||10.4|