The E-flite PT-17 1.1m has everything you could ask for in a classic biplane. First and foremost is the period-correct 7-cylinder dummy radial engine, complete with intricate ignition and exhaust details. The Navy-inspired trim scheme is highlighted with wing rib and fuselage framework accented with accessory and panelling detail. Shock-absorbing action of the aluminium struts add functional authenticity you’ll appreciate during touchdowns and rolling over grass. While it’s easy to be overwhelmed by the scale complexity, getting this beauty in the air requires less effort than you might think. Field assembly features a quick-release wing mounting system, which means no tools are required. Even battery installation is simple through the large magnetic top hatch that accommodates a wide range of 3S LiPo batteries. Unlike the modestly equipped full-scale original, a 15-size brushless outrunner motor delivers ample thrust so you can perform sport aerobatics or just cruise the horizon with power to spare.
AS3X Receiver with Optional SAFE Select Technology
The model’s AS3X (Artificial Stabilisation – 3-aXis) receiver works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying an expertly tuned aircraft.
If you’re a relatively new pilot or want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional SAFE® Select technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select features enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits: These keep the aircraft from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles during take-off and landing.
Automatic Self-Levelling: Instantly returns the wings to level when the sticks are released.
Easy Switch Assignment - No Programming Required: The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
**If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
- A park-size scale flight experience with sporty performance
- Vivid U.S. Navy inspired trim scheme
- Optional SAFE® Select flight mode for newer pilots
- Goes together fast - only 6 screws required for initial assembly
- Durable construction with lightweight EPO foam
- Tool-free field assembly features a quick-release wing mounting system
- Realistic detail includes a dummy radial engine and pilot figure
- Shock-absorbing landing gear with authentic appearance
- Spektrum 6-Channel DSMX receiver with AS3X stabilisation installed
- Powerful 15-size brushless motor and 40A ESC installed
- Large, easy-access battery hatch with magnetic closure
- Simple 4-channel control with 4 micro servos installed
- Ideal for use with 2200–3000mAh 3S 11.1V LiPo packs (Required)
Wingspan - 1130 mm (44.6 in)
Overall Length - 850 mm (33.5 in)
Wing Area - 643.2 Sq in (41.5 Sq Dm)
Flying Weight - 51.2oz (1450 grams)
Experience Level - Intermediate
In the Box
E-flite PT-17 1.1m Electric Biplane with AS3X and SAFE Technology (Bind-N-Fly Basic)
Required to Complete
Full-range 5+ Channel DSMX Compatible Transmitter
2200-3000mAh 3S LiPo Flight Battery
3S Compatible LiPo Battery Charger