Developed and built in Germany, the Multiplex Cockpit SX 9 is perfectly suited to both the forward-looking beginner and the demanding leisure pilot. Offering a full-colour TFT touch-screen of 320 x 240 pixels, pilot information is offered via symbols and large, clearly legible letters and numerals. It’s visible in sunlight, too, without backlighting, which makes it perfect for R/C flying. Boasting a highly intuitive programming logic that includes many self-explanatory graphics, plus super-convenient SD card management of the 200 internally stored model memories, you’ll quickly grow to love it’s user-friendly persona.
Since we’re beginning to get used to our transmitters talking to us – who’d have thought it? – many R/C flyers are now looking for a radio with speech output, and in this respect the SX 9 leads the way with more than 450 words, numbers and phrases in its vocabulary. In fact, where speech is concerned it’s one of the most advanced systems of its type ever to have been incorporated in a hand-held transmitter. This, of course, keeps you aware of critical telemetry data and transmitter functions without you having to take your eyes off the model. Also, when necessary, the Cockpit SX 9 speaks specific sensor values to you and, moreover, if an alarm should be triggered, you don’t have to look at the screen to see what’s happened, the SX 9 just tells you. Eight telemetry sensors can be connected that measure anything from current to temperature, whilst telemetry data can also be stored in the model using the optional Flight Recorder.
Featuring a wireless trainer system the SX 9 can (in tandem with the optional Co-Pilot module) operate both as an instructor or pupil transmitter, whilst the second transmitter can be any M-LINK set with a trainer facility. Meanwhile, Selective Trainer Mode allows full control transfer to the trainee or, depending on the trainee’s skill level, the transfer of individual control functions. Better still, the teacher can resume control of the model simply by moving the sticks. All in all, it’s a powerful system. Take a look at the features and functions, weigh them against the price, and decide for yourself.
- Throttle check
- Transmitter battery monitor
- Intelligent speech output
- Spoken telemetry data via speaker or earphone
- Real-time data transmission
- Optional sensors (Vario, GPS, fuel, temperature, voltage, current, rpm etc.)
- Vibration alarms
- Flight phase specific digital trims
- Timers (x3) with speech output
- Variable stick modes
- Comprehensive servo adjustment (travel, centre, limit, reverse)
- Dual rate and Expo (variable for each flight phase)
- 3 flight phases (fixed wing)
- 4 flight phases (helicopter)
- Heli throttle and pitch curves (9 point)
- Aileron differential (variable for each flight phase)
- Snap flap
- Butterfly (Crow) mix
- Unrestricted servo assignment
- Wireless trainer mode
- Multi-function USB socket
- 200 model memory storage via SD card
- Model copy
What's in the box
- 1 x 9-channel transmitter.
- 1 x Charge lead (USB A-plug to USB mini-B 5-pin).
- 1 x Comprehensive instruction manual.
- 1 x Neck strap eyelet.
- 1 x Decal sheet.