The Douglas SBD Dauntless was a World War II American naval scout plane and dive bomber that was manufactured by Douglas Aircraft from 1940 through 1944. The SBD ("Scout Bomber Douglas") was the lt U.S. Navy's main carrier-borne scout plane and dive bomber from mid-1940 through mid-1944. The SBD was also flown by the U.S. Marine Corps, both from land air bases and aircraft carriers. The SBD is best remembered as the bomber that delivered the fatal blows to the Japanese carriers at the Battle of Midway in June 1942. During its combat service, the SBD was an excellent naval scout plane and dive bomber. It possessed long range, good handling characteristics, maneuverability, potent bomb load capacity, great diving characteristics, defensive armament and ruggedness.
Now , VQ Introduce the SBD Dauntless 30 size EP-GP as a super scale series . This Dauntless come with scale flap, 2 x painted pilots, machine gun, antena. Also we have supply in the kit some scale detail make by ply wood sothat you can make your SBD look like a real one. With the big battery hatch, you can use both Electric motor or Petrol engine .
Option with Electric retracts (E-retracts – VQARE22S) and struts. It make this SBD become one of the best Balsa scale warbird 30cc size on the market.
- All Balsa and Light-Ply construction
- Fully covered with weathered detailing
- Fibreglass cowling
- Pre-installed painted pilot
- Control surfaces pre-hinged and installed
- Three-piece wing with Aluminium wing joiner
- Scale Flaps
- Fixed undercarriage (Electric retracts sold separately – VQARE22S)
- Assembly instructions with stage-by-stage photos – [ Download ]
- Tail wheel assembly
- Fibreglass cowling
- 2 x Fibreglass painted pilot
- 2 x Scale plastic machine gun
- Wheels and wheels cover
- Scale detail by Plywood – Plastic bomb
- Engine mounts
- Fuel tank
- Aluminium wing joiner
- Decals and all hardware
Required Hardware (Not Supplied)
- Transmitter, Motor, Propeller, Servos, Battery, Extension Leads, Glue, Tools and Silicone Fuel Line (For GP).
- Engine: DLE40 (2-Stroke) or Saito FG-40 (4-Stroke)
- Electric Motor & ESC – Dualsky GA4000.7 V2 180KV 700g 4300W X-Motor | Dualsky Summit 120 Brushless ESC (Dualsky 40cc Combo)
- Servos – 11 (10 for electric) x MacGregor MG5921HV 20.3Kg.cm/0.12s High Voltage Servo
|Fuselage Length:||57.0in (1450mm)|
|Weight (Ready to fly):||7 – 7.5kg|
|Engine:||26cc – 30cc (2-Stroke)|
|Radio:||Minimum 8-Channels with 11 (10 servos for electric) servos|
|Electric Motor:||Dualsky GA4000.7 V2 180KV 700g 4300W X-Motor|