The Douglas A-26 Counter Invader (designated B-26 between 1948 and 1965) is a United States twin-engined light bomber and an attack aircraft that was built by Douglas Aircraft during World War II that also saw service during several of the Cold War’s major conflicts.
A limited number of highly modified aircraft (designation A-26) served in combat until 1969.
It was found to be a fast aircraft capable of carrying twice its specified bomb load. A range of guns could be fitted to produce a formidable ground-attack aircraft.
- All Balsa and light-ply construction
- Fully covered in weathered detail
- Battery Hatch
- Control surfaces pre-hinged and installed
- Two piece wing with plywood wing joiner
- Fixed undercarriage (Electric retracts sold separately – VQARE12S)
- Assembly instructions with stage-by-stage photos – [ Download ]
- Nose gear and main gear
- Plastic canopy
- Engine mount (for both GP and EP)
- Fuel tank
- Decals and all hardware
- Transmitter, Motor, Propeller, Servos, Battery, Extension Leads, Glue, Tools and Silicone Fuel Line (For GP).
Recommended Hardware (Not Supplied)
- Electric Motor & ESC – 2 x Electrospeed Boost 30 Power Pack
- Servos – 7 x MacGregor MG1703DS 3.3Kg.cm/0.10s Midi Digital Servo
|Fuselage Length:||54in (1370mm)|
|Weight (Ready to fly):||3.9kg – 4.2kg (will vary with equipments used)|
|Radio:||7 channels / 7 servos (8 if using retracts)|
|Electric Motor:||2 x Boost 30 Motor or equivalent brushless motor|